Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Beginning


WoW, a Blog! As you will see I'm no Writer. I will try to post articles and photos on Our Beloved Perth Amboy. There are many of us that "Love" the old days in Perth Amboy, but what "old"? Are we talking about the 50's 60's 70's? Is that the 1650's, 1660's, 1670's or 1700's, 1800's or 1900's? I bet the most of you reading this are interested in the 1950's - 1970's, not to say that the other dates are not important.I am all over the place, from the 1600's to the end 0f 1900's. I can't get enough of the place we called "Home"!

We (Kathy & I) started getting into this when we hooked up again in 2000. All we had to do was to talk about our memories growing up together in the 1950's-1960's. We looked at some items we still had, a 1967 yearbook, a PAHS football jersey, PAHS Booster Hat, Pins, Plates with PA churches and of course Frances McGinley's Prints! We are hooked! We have collected books, photos, postcards and many other items that brings us back to the "old" days... There is so much of us in Perth Amboy, including our loved ones.

Please do not judge me, by my grammar or even spelling, I am not a author, I am a Amboyian. I will try to make it interesting for you to keep checking this blog, for you to contribute to this blog and may even spark an interest for you to research our "Perth Amboy".

No comments:

Post a Comment